WCS Background Tasks for Configuration Backup

Unanswered Question
Sep 29th, 2008
User Badges:

Hey,

I have WCS v5.1.64.0 and I have started to do a Configuration Backup of my WLC 4402's but I'm getting the following errors:

com.cisco.server.common.errors.IllegalOperationException: MEDIATION-5,TransferConfig!10.10.1.6,saveConfigStart,No access

Have any one seen this error before? Can any one assist with this?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sbilgi Fri, 10/03/2008 - 09:04
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

To find out where the configuration backup job will be saving the backed up configurations, you can check the following files:

In C:\program files\wcs4.1\webnms\ftp-server\conf\ftpd.conf file the first line has the ftp default directory.

In C:\programfiles\wcs4.1\webnms\classes\com\cisco\packaging\packagingresources.prope rties, the tftproot option has the default tftp directory.

The file will be saved in a format such as __<#>.cfg and will have an xml format. You can directly restore these config files back to the controller if needed.

edward.weir Fri, 10/03/2008 - 09:33
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply but these are the settings that are already in place:

FTP:

FtpServer.server.config.root.dir=C:/WCS/FTP

TFTP:

TftpRoot=C:/WCS/TFTP

My issue seems to be an SNMP error:

com.cisco.server.common.errors.IllegalOperationException: MEDIATION-5,TransferConfig!10.10.1.6,saveConfigStart,No access

Thanks

edward.weir Mon, 10/20/2008 - 07:21
User Badges:

I actually got this working due to a simple error. I entered the ReadOnly SNMP String instead of the Read/Write SNMP String.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network