cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD2003 and Wireless connectivity problems

exatxer
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems with laptops losing machine authentication. I can see them in ACS 4.1 failed attempts with the reason "External DB user invalid or bad password". The only way I have figured out how to fix it is to rejoin them to the domain. Then the problem is fixed for a while.

Info: The computer account already exists on the domain

The machine has successfully logged into the domain previously

I am thinking it is an AD issue with machine passwords, but I cannot pinpoint the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Following are some of the reasons for this error:

There may be a protocol mismatch (for example if you are using MS-CHAP v1 or v2 on the NAS and client you cannot use TACACS this is because TACACS does not support MSCHAP so need to use RADIUS).

There may be a possibility of trust is not configured between domains. (If your user is on AD)

If your ACS server is not on domain controller you need to take care of the member server configuration so that it communicates to AD.

Make sure that you are running the supported service pack and server type with corresponding ACS software version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: