Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR problems

Tauer Drumond
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a PBR on my 4506 switch: (Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(31)SGA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3))

But, when I'm on the interface line configuration: [swcore(config-if)] the switch doesn't accept the command "ip policy route-map IT", it appears the switch doesn't have the command.

And I just have configured the access-lis t and i'vve created the route map IT.

I think its because the IOS version.

What could be the cause?

Thanks

Tauer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tauer

I don't believe PBR is supported on the Sup II+ as this supervisor is really a L2 sup with only some basic L3 capabilities.

The SupIV would support PBR as it is a L2/L3 supervisor.

The difference between BASE and Enterprise is primarily enhanced L3 routing eg EIGRP/OSPF/BGP and some additional L3 functions such as PBR.

Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tauer

Which supervisor are you running ?

Regardless i don't believe PBR is supported in the IPBASE version. You need the Enterprise version of code.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'm running the Supervisor IV.

What is the diference between both...IPBASE and Enterprise?

Thanks

Tauer

Sorry Jon,

I'm runnig Supervisor II+

Thanks

Tauer

Tauer

I don't believe PBR is supported on the Sup II+ as this supervisor is really a L2 sup with only some basic L3 capabilities.

The SupIV would support PBR as it is a L2/L3 supervisor.

The difference between BASE and Enterprise is primarily enhanced L3 routing eg EIGRP/OSPF/BGP and some additional L3 functions such as PBR.

Jon

Thank you Jon,

Then, I'll update my IOS version.

Regards

Tauer

Hi Jon,

I have a Catalyst 4507R with Sup V.

Platform: CAT4500-SUP5

IOS: 12.2(31)SGA4

Feat.set: ENTERPRISE SERVICES SSH

It supports the normal PBR. I'm looking for support of PBR Recursive Next Hop. Do you know if the higher version of IOS, e.g. 12.2(50)SG1, supports this feature?

Feature Navigator says it is not supported on a CAT4500 platform. But Feature Navigator can be inaccurate sometimes.

Please advise.

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco