Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT User Import BUG

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Call Manager Version: 6.0.1.2113-1

BAT only appears to only import 16 user records at a time, I open the CSV delete the first 15 rows and then import again and it works.

Always get error

USERID (Record Number 16) 2003 Record does not match the selected file format (this occurs for each record number after 16 also)

Cannot find the bug search tool.

Any help would be great

7 Replies 7

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Yes this is a bug please try CSCsd05392. BAT should validate all user flds from csv file against typefieldinfo/typeadminfieldinfomap. The validation should include validation relating to TypeFieldInfo or TypeAdminfieldinfomap (via tkrelatedfieldinfo) for length and valid characters. This would be for insert/update users.

This stinks! Im in 7.02 and it's still broken. I chopped my csv down to 15 users, and it worked fine. Nice waste of an hour trying to figure out whats broken.....

thanks to forums though!!

ifradsham
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 6.1 has the same error. I tried importing users via BAT and experienced the same problem and same error code and message.

The CSCsd05392 says its resolved. Is anyone from Cisco looking at this for CUCM 6.x?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks like the fix is to delete any columns in the csv file you do not use. If they are blank, either put a comma in it, or delete it. I had a column in excel I did not use, got the error. Deleted the column, and now it worked. Odd that it always stops at 16 though. Still a bug in 7.02

M Reza Hadi
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem too

My problem was that I wanted to import the "exported-phone-file" from cucm version 10.5 with all the details,and import it in cucm version 12.5,
but it gave the following error:

SEP64A0E7158ED9 (Record Number 1) 2003 CSV Record does not match the file format.

SEPABFG43AC542 (Record Number 1) 2003 CSV Record does not match the file format.

SEPDE4325345DE (Record Number 1) 2003 CSV Record does not match the file format.

SEPABCDEF09462 (Record Number 1) 2003 CSV Record does not match the file format.

It seems that the "export with all details" did not work from cucm version 10.5 to 12.5

so, what I did to solve my problem was:

I opened the "exported file with all the details" of version 10.5 in Excel, and copied the fields and columns I needed,
then I downloaded the "BAT-Excel" version 12.5 file from the cucm 12.5 itself, and added the desired fields in it And I got export of it again..
then imported it in the cucm 12.5 as "import with specified details", and then all my phones came and that error did not appear anymore.

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..

1) Why are you answering to a post, that is over 10 years old?!
2) That's 99% sure, that you will have problems with the file format, if you use a file from an old version and try to import it on a newer version. Columns will change, get deleted, new will be added.

Never take an old version file and just use it in a newer CUCM version. That's a no-brainer.

Hello, dear @b.winter , have a good day.

I made answer because I had the almost same problem as them, and assumed that since many people search Google and forums by default, this post can help them, and also The post will help enrich the content of the Cisco forum.

In the end, your words are completely correct and this is very clear.

Thank you again for your help and attention.

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: