cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skype on WAAS and FWSM problem

ivan_tung
Level 1
Level 1

The customer network has two kind of situations, behind the FWSM or not.Skype already normally operated under these two kind of network construction.When WAAS disposition,behind FWSM's client to use skype , it has very heavy detention even connection error.Another network does not have the FWSM's client to be possible at the same time to use Skype normally as before.

I use wireshack to sniffer the packet.Skype behind FWSM will use tcp to replace udp.WAAS will intercept tcp and causes voice to create the detention .

I set client's skype software setting to use 14676 port for connection and disable 80/443 as substitution.And I make classifier on WAAS to pass-through the port 14676 and 443. I see the transaction-logs on WAAS,some APP CFG bypass can see,but some not.

I sniffer client again.Skype behind FWSM use 443 port and 14676 or other random port to connection.When skype use 443 or 14676 port,he can use happyly,but when skype random other port,it fail again.

How should I solve this problem ,WAAS cannot bypass Skype voice traffic.

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

How are the WAEs deployed (in-path versus off-path)? What version of code are you running on the FWSM? Do you have WAAS inspection enabled on the FWSM?

Zach

WAE deployed in-path which version is 4.019.

FWSM version is 3.2.6 and have WAAS inspection enabled already.

Ivan,

Are all of the necessary ports open on the FWSM? Does Skype work when FWSM is removed? WAAS is not doing anything specific to Skype traffic, it is just being handled at the TCP layer. If possible, a packet capture from the client and WAEs may help point us down the right path.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: