Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN authentication

ben-sharpibm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Basically I want to be able to have wireless users (laptops) connect to access points and authenticate them selves (most likely with a captive portal on their internet broswer software) against the Novell eDirectory server via RADIUS. Are there any Cisco applicances that are capable of requesting/passing-through authentication to a Novell eDirectory server - basically just authenticating against an LDAP database.

Any help would be great.

I tried using a product called Zeroshell which is linux based, but this had its limitations set early on.

Thanks again.

1 Reply 1

jwadleigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ben,

Yes, Cisco has a product called Secure Access Control Server (ACS). It's their version of a RADIUS server. It is capable of authenticating directly with NDS (I know this for a fact). It's rather easy to learn and use, and is flexible and powerful. It is available as software for you to run on a server (Windows or UNIX), or as a hardened appliance (ACS Solution Engine).

Check out more info here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/index.html

The appliance works very well, and basic configuration is a breeze.

Good luck. I hope this helps!

- Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: