configuring cisco 801

Unanswered Question
Sep 30th, 2008
User Badges:

hi everybody.I'm newbe.

I need how to configure a new cisco router 801, i have a copy of config file,(.txt file). Do exist a software to copy that file in new router?

how could i do?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aghaznavi Mon, 10/06/2008 - 13:26
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Configure the Router from the Network

You can configure the router by retrieving and modifying a configuration file stored on one of your network servers. To do so, complete the following tasks:

Copy the .txt file & paste into the tftp server.

Step 1 Enter configuration mode with the network option.

copy tftp running-config

Step 2 At the system prompt, select a network or host configuration file. The network configuration file contains commands that apply to all network servers and terminal servers on the network. The host configuration file contains commands that apply to one network server in particular. host or network

Step 3 At the system prompt, enter the optional IP address of the remote host from which you are retrieving the configuration file. Ip-address

Step 4 At the system prompt, enter the name of the configuration file or accept the default name. Filename

Step 5 Confirm the configuration filename that the system supplies : Y

In the following example, the router is configured from the file tokyo-config at IP address 10.108.2.155:

Router1# copy tftp running-config

Host or network configuration file [host]?

IP address of remote host [255.255.255.255]? 10.108.2.155

Name of configuration file [tokyo-confg]?

Configure using tokyo-confg from 10.108.2.155? [confirm] y

Booting tokyo-confg from 10.108.2.155:!! [OK - 874/16000 bytes]

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_0/router/configuration/guide/csysim.html#wp18513

Actions

This Discussion