cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing new Unity 5.0(1) and my customer has exchange 2003 & 2007

arvindkannu
Level 1
Level 1

Plz tell me whether its possible to have both integrated and Iam planing to install Exchange tools 2003 and patner 2007..will it work? any idea guys

2 Replies 2

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

A mixed mode environment is possible. The following are considerations:

1) VMOnly is not supported (currently) on Exchange 2007.

2) UM is proven functional in Exchange 2007.

If you want to have a single Unity server and a mixed mode environment, use class of service to determine the message store (2007 for UM and 2003 for VMOnly).

I, unfortunately, was not able to do this because our exchange environment is new and we went native 2007. Because the environment is all 2007, 2003 cannot exist in the same domain. Unity can talk to a mailstore in a separate domain, but cannot talk to 2 separate domains.

Depending on the number of servers you wish to deploy, there is always the separate unity box/separate domain option, with both servers talking to the other through VPIM.

Thanks for your reply now its working fine interms with the integration with Exchange....but now there seems to be replication error with the servers...

The following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094aeb.shtml

is what I used to recreate the sync....but when I do it from primary server it says the secondary server is not a publishing server so it cannot pull anything from it......actually I have done lots of config changes in secondary server and now want the primary to replicate em and work.

Any suggestions...