Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM PM DCR LMS

mladentsvetkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have LMS30 installed and populated with devices.

Now, I am trying to get CSM32 working.

I am a bit confused with the device management in CSM:

1. CSM comes with Common Services, but is not synchronized with the DCR provided by Common Services (for example in LMS you need only to add devices to Common Services and all modules populate automatically their databases)?

2. PM (performance monitor) is also not synchronized with DCR from Common Services?

So, if not using csv file, the only option is to add manually all devices into CSM and PM?

I have searched the forum and read about using SSO and master/slave configuration of DCR (between LMS and CSM). What is the point if the CSM and PM and not synchronized with DCR?

What is the idea of RME bundeled in CSM behind the IOS management?

Another thing - CMS/PM have different requirements for DCR - HTTP/HTTPS for PM, does not allow "_" as a name for a device etc. So I have tried to import form csv generated by LMS but it didn't work.

Any ideas, best practices? I couldn't find much of a documentation about the mentioned issues, so you could just put some links.

Thanks in advance,

Mladen

Thanks in advance,

Mladen

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Common Services device discovery features are based on next-generation discovery (NGD), a discovery engine framework. NGD helps the network administrator to configure modules, seed devices, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and filter settings to discover the desired devices from the networks. After the devices are discovered from the network, starting from the seed devices, the device information is updated in the Device Credentials Repository (DCR) by Common Services.

The following URL helps you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps2425/white_paper_c11-493921_ps3996_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9000371

The following URL may help you to know about Cisco device manager for CSM:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps4565/ps6289/product_data_sheet0900aecd8029481e.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: