Live Record question

Answered Question
Sep 30th, 2008
User Badges:

I am considering an implementation of CME 4.3/7 with Unity integration instead of CUE. One of the requested features is Live Record. The CME Admin Guide says:

"The Live Record feature enables IP phone users in a Cisco Unified CME system to record a phone conversation if Cisco Unity Express is the voice mail system."

which implies to me that it is not supported in a Unity integration.

Does anyone know for sure if this is really the case?

Thanks,

Mike

Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 8 years 6 months ago

Mike,

Looks like Live Record is supported with CME/CUE and with CUCM/Unity, but not with CME/Unity. See the following link which says:

"Live record is supported only when Cisco Unity is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone system."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Tue, 09/30/2008 - 06:33
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Mike,

Looks like Live Record is supported with CME/CUE and with CUCM/Unity, but not with CME/Unity. See the following link which says:

"Live record is supported only when Cisco Unity is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone system."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

Hope this helps.

Brandon

mpitts Tue, 09/30/2008 - 06:41
User Badges:

Thank you, Brandon.

That's the confirmation I was looking for

Mike

goldbergj Mon, 10/06/2008 - 07:19
User Badges:

If i'm not mistaken, Live Record is actually a function of CUE not CME. If you are integrating with Unity, Unity would have to have such a feature as well. In other words its a function of the voicemail system, not the call processing system.

thanks,

JG

Actions

This Discussion