cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Record question

mpitts
Level 1
Level 1

I am considering an implementation of CME 4.3/7 with Unity integration instead of CUE. One of the requested features is Live Record. The CME Admin Guide says:

"The Live Record feature enables IP phone users in a Cisco Unified CME system to record a phone conversation if Cisco Unity Express is the voice mail system."

which implies to me that it is not supported in a Unity integration.

Does anyone know for sure if this is really the case?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mike,

Looks like Live Record is supported with CME/CUE and with CUCM/Unity, but not with CME/Unity. See the following link which says:

"Live record is supported only when Cisco Unity is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone system."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mike,

Looks like Live Record is supported with CME/CUE and with CUCM/Unity, but not with CME/Unity. See the following link which says:

"Live record is supported only when Cisco Unity is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone system."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you, Brandon.

That's the confirmation I was looking for

Mike

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

If i'm not mistaken, Live Record is actually a function of CUE not CME. If you are integrating with Unity, Unity would have to have such a feature as well. In other words its a function of the voicemail system, not the call processing system.

thanks,

JG