cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound caller id

jwaters24
Level 4
Level 4

I have a client who is operating a hoteling office suite. The Client,aka Company A, purchased CCM 6.0 for the hoteling phone system. Company A uses the phone system as well as their clients who rent office space. They have two clients now, Company B and Company C.

The Company A's DID is 555-1212. Company B and Company C have two directory numbers each, one as a main line that is answered by a receptionist, using a third party software. the other is the direct line. company B's directory numbers are 555-6000(main line) and 555-6001(direct line) and company c's directory numbers are 555-7000(main line) and 55507001(direct line). When company B or C places a call to their customers, the caller ID is 555-1212. For directory numbers 555-6001 and 555-7001, the outbound caller ID needs to be 555-6000 and 555-7000.

How do I make this happen?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Set the external phone number mask of the DNs to be the caller ID that you want to show. In route pattern config, check the box that says "Use calling party's external phone number mask".

Hope this helps.

Brandon

ok. I went to set the external phone number mask for the DN and that option was not available. To find that option, I went to device-phone-dn on line 1. I was able to find the option for the external phone number mask there. I changed it to what it needed to be and tested it. the caller ID was still 555-1212. In the route pattern config, there are many pattern listed. all of them had the checkbox checked for "use calling party's external phone number mask".

It's possible that the caller ID is being overwritten at the route list or gateway level as well. Check the config for these. It's also possible that your telco is overwriting any caller ID with the billing phone number. Check with them to make sure they allowing sending out other caller ID.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: