cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 3.2.1, AIP-SSM10, Change local accounts

marcs
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to change the local account on a herd of SSM modules. I have CSM 3.2.1, but cannot find a place to add / remove accounts from those modules. I doesn't look like you can do flex configs with those either. Seems like a pretty simple job, just cannot locate it.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

To use Security Manager, users must log into the product. Create individual accounts for each user. You can either create accounts that are unique to Security Manager, which are defined on the Security Manager server and are called local accounts, or you can use your enterprise ACS server to authenticate users

For the further description and details following URL may help you ;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/3.2.1/user/guide/aduser.html#wp900654

mdreelan
Level 1
Level 1

I dont see a way to do this either. And I would like to make similiar chages on both AIM-IPS-K9 and AIM-SSM-10!

I ended up just going into each module and resetting the username / password combination. I only had 30, so cutting and pasting seemed to work okay. What would be ideal is if the IPS modules could do TACACS+ or radius -- is any of that in the works?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: