Views
Helpful
Replies

Call "tagged as..." when it goes to voicemail

Alan_Horsman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Very new to Cisco IP telephony--just went to class beginning of September and found out we have a different system than the training was for.

I'm responsible for supporting an Express System (version 4.x) and an end user came to me with a question about how calls are classified when they drop into voicemail. I have searched through "tons" of documentation and cannot figure out how to tell (or modify) the way in which calls that go to voicemail are marked (in the database). If anyone could point me in the right direction, with either helpful documentation references, or the specific place to view/change the setting, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I'm with you now. The disposition of the call should be set automatically in certain cases. For example, if a caller hangs up while in queue, it would be marked as abandoned. However, you can manually set the disposition with the Set Contact Info step found in the CRS Editor on the left under Contact. I would expect a call that ends up in voicemail to be marked as handled. You can test this by making a call that ends up in a voicemail box and then running a report to see which counter increases.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using Unity or Unity Express for voicemail. In Unity with an Exchange backend, the message class for a voicemail is IPM.Note.Voice.Unity. Not sure if this is your question? Is there something particular you're trying to accomplish?

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for the response. We have Unity Express. The question I need help with is how is the call dispositioned (what category is it placed into, like "answered, aborted, abandoned, etc" when it goes to voicemail. The end user is concerned that when calls to our help desk go to voicemail, they are being counted as abandoned or aborted. I can't argue with his concern, because I don't know where to look to see if it is true, and if the calls that are going to voicemail are being counted as abandoned or aborted, I need to know how to change that.

What are you using to handle calls? CUE? A TCL script? How the calls are tagged will be a function of the call handling/queuing mechanism.

Brandon

Well...I assume a script. I've looked at the script we're using to direct calls to different places based on user input (press 1 for X location, 2 for Y location). Would the ability to change call disposition be handled in the script as well?

Yes, it should be. Are you using a CUE script or a TCL script?

Brandon

I honestly have no idea. How do I find out? Is there some indicator in the script itself, or the script editor? Don't even know what "CUE" or "TCL" stand for. (Sorry--as I said, very new to Cisco stuff)

You mentioned that you had looked at the script. Where did you get the script? How did you view it?

Brandon

Alan_Horsman
Level 1
Level 1

I opened it using the Cisco CRS Editor. The script is an .aef file that I open using the CRS Editor.

OK. So, do you have a server running CRS? Do you have a server with Callmanager running on it or a router running Callmanager Express?

Brandon

We have two Call Manager servers (redundant), an ACD server (UCCX) and a Unity server. When I open the script to view/modify, the connection goes to the ACD server.

OK, I'm with you now. The disposition of the call should be set automatically in certain cases. For example, if a caller hangs up while in queue, it would be marked as abandoned. However, you can manually set the disposition with the Set Contact Info step found in the CRS Editor on the left under Contact. I would expect a call that ends up in voicemail to be marked as handled. You can test this by making a call that ends up in a voicemail box and then running a report to see which counter increases.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you very much Brandon. I found what you're describing and am pretty sure I can make the change desired to test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: