cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Sign On Authentication Problem following WLC upgrade to 5.0.148

greg.murray
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently upgraded a WLC to version 5.0.148.00 from 4.2.99.0. And since this upgrade I receive an authentication error on the client saying - The wireless network authentication failed because you entered the wrong single sign-on username / password.

I am using WPA2 with EAP-FAST as the authentcation mechanism. Cisco ACS is running 4.1 and the clients are using Cisco CB21AG cards and are using 4.1

In ACS in the Authentication Failed Attempts I am constantly seeing a Authentication Session Invalidated message.

Has anyone seen anything similar following an upgrade to the WLC?

3 Replies 3

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

With the use of service-set identifier (SSID)-based WLAN access, the users can be authenticated based on the SSID they use in order to connect to the WLAN. The Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) is used to authenticate the users. Authentication happens in two stages on the Cisco Secure ACS:

EAP authentication

SSID authentication based on Network Access Restrictions (NARs) on Cisco Secure ACS

If Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and SSID-based authentication are successful, the user is allowed to access the WLAN or else the user is disassociated

For the further details following URL may help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807669af.shtml

Kylebarry123
Level 1
Level 1

The version 5.0.148.00 of software has been known to be pleagued with Bugs. You should use a different version of software for your Cisco WLC. Many of the Bugs created by the 5.0.148.00 version have been rectified in the newer versions of the Software. Right now I am using version 5.1.151.0 ED in my Cisco WLC 4402's & it works great. Fixed my simular Single Sign On Authentication Problems I was hearing the end users were having. Some of the users were also using the WPA2 with EAP-FAST. Hope this helps ya!

I actually upgraded the Cisco client firmware to v4.2 and that cured the SSO problem I was seeing. I'm planning on doing an upgrade on the WLC to v5.1.151.0 - Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: