Views
Helpful
Replies

Use my own SSL certificates?

joe.favia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether rel.6.0 of MARS Local Controller will allow me to use my own CA-generated SSL certificates ? I'd like to use (and it's also company policy) a trusted CA for server certificates. I know it can't be done on rel.4.3.

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

To support the certificate management features in MARS, the following system inspection rule exists:

System Rule: CS-MARS Failure Saving Certificates/Fingerprints. This inspection rule indicates that MARS has failed to save a new or changed device SSL certificate or SSH key fingerprint based on either explicit user action or automatic accept as specified on the SSL/SSH Settings page.

In addition, the following reports appear under the System: CS-MARS Issue category.

Activity: CS-MARS Accepted New Certificates/Fingerprints

Activity: CS-MARS Accepted Conflicting Certificates/Fingerprints

Activity: CS-MARS Detected Conflicting Certificates/Fingerprints

Activity: CS-MARS Accepted New Certificates/Fingerprints'

Activity: CS-MARS Failure Saving Certificates/Fingerprints

Activity: CS-MARS Device Connectivity Errors

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think so, the most you can do is generate a new self-signed cert. doh! just noticed you said 6.x. You can't do it in 5.x. The most I can say about 6.x is that I've not seen anything documented about being able to do it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: