cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Campus User Tracking custom report download problem

kviola1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems downloading the entire .csv file output from a custom generated report in user tracking. The report (displayed to window) shows 141,890 records. When I attempt to export to csv, it shows the range 1-141,890. The file appears to be created for download, indicating a size of 29MB, but upon saving it, only 144KB bytes are saved and it believes download was complete. In other attempts, up to 200KB were downloaded and saved.

Any ideas on why only limited amounts of data are downloaded?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a proxy issue. Do you have a proxy configured on your local client? If so, disable proxying for the LMS server's IP address and hostname.

I have proxy configured and disabled for the LMS servers. I tried the same report on another server that is not in SSL mode and the download completed correctly. It only fails on 2 servers that are setup for full SSL.

I assume you're using IE. We had a problem with IE related to UT exports. Can you test Firefox to see if the problem is seen there?

I am using IE. I'll have to load firefox and try.

Same problem occurs with Firefox 3.0.3. Doesn't appear to be an issue whether using http or https. I am successful with one system, either way, with about 90,000 records but fails on other 2 systems. Same processes are active on each system. Is it possible that a device in the report is being interpreted as an EOF character and causing IE to believe it has completed the download?

The Cmapps.log may contain an error relating to this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco