cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Securing Publicly Located VoIP Phones

romeyrome
Level 4
Level 4

I have an Avaya IP phone connected to a Cisco 3560 PoE and the phone will be located in a public location. I believe there is a way to disable the PC port on a Cisco IP phone, but I have been told that Avaya does not support this and it must be achieved on the switch. So I've enable port-security and specified the MAC address of the IP phone - problem is the MAC address can be clearly read by looking at the back of the phone. What other techniques are recommended to protect internal networks from rogue devices being connected to IP phone ports in public locations?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Following is a selection of Cisco secure infrastructure technologies that are especially useful for protecting voice systems:

Virtual LAN

Voice and Video-Enabled VPN

Access Control Lists

Port Security

Cisco Secure Access Control Server

DHCP Snooping

Cisco Firewall Solutions

Intrusion Prevention

Wireless Security

Application Security

Voice Security Primer: Protecting the Voice Infrastructure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns339/ns639/ns641/net_implementation_white_paper0900aecd80460724.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Following is a selection of Cisco secure infrastructure technologies that are especially useful for protecting voice systems:

Virtual LAN

Voice and Video-Enabled VPN

Access Control Lists

Port Security

Cisco Secure Access Control Server

DHCP Snooping

Cisco Firewall Solutions

Intrusion Prevention

Wireless Security

Application Security

Voice Security Primer: Protecting the Voice Infrastructure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns339/ns639/ns641/net_implementation_white_paper0900aecd80460724.html

richardcalvert
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using ACS?

I do not have the luxury of using ACS. But for my edification, what features does ACS offer in relation to my question?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: