cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink

hectorsandoval
Level 1
Level 1

I have two questions about PPP Multilink.

How many Multilinks can I configure in a router cisco 3845 ?

also How many link can I put inside a Multilink ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Goutam Sanyal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Hector Sandoval,

As per my knowledge you can configure from 1 to 2147483647, and I have bundled 3 individual (Same ISP, 1x64 Kbps and 2x128Kbps) link perfectly.

Thanks

Goutam

Pls rate if it helps u!

Hi,

1.Strangely i found the multilink group range starting from 0 till 214748364. I have mentioned the link also below for reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t13/feature/guide/ft_mlppp.html

2.But when i tried using command

"interface multilink 0" on Cisco 3745 with 12.4 IOS , it gave error , & using tab it shows the range as mentioned by Gautam 1 to 2147483647

3.Also i found the option "Multilink PPP Minimum Links Mandatory" to form multilink ,as well there is option of maximum links in a multilink bundle.

commands for same are

"ppp multilink max-links links"

"ppp multilink min-links links"

And here it shows the range as 0 to 255, it means these number members of links can be added in a multilink group.

4.Well , practically i have added 4 links suceessfully on Cisco 10000 router.I am sure we can add more links.

5.None of the command referecne mentions the exaxt number of members , which can be added in a single multilink bundle.

HTH..rate if helpful..

I need to create another Multilink2 with 2xE1 for a new client. I want to be sure this is possible before we buy the hardware.

Also on my 2801 I don't see any Multilink 0 as you reference on pint 2, this is what I see:

rt-2801(config)#interface multilink ?

<1-2147483647> Multilink interface number

Thanks for your response, right now I have one Multilink1 with 6xE1, and I need to create another Multilink2 with 2xE1 on the same router, I have read a document that comments that you can have 8 links per bundle. See the attach document.

I think picture is clear now..you should be able to create one more multilink then..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card