cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing csa_uninstall.bat?

tim_graham
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation I have read states that a PC with an agent kit should also have a csa_uninstall.bat located in the system32 directory.

I have checked some representative PCs in our domain, and none have that file.

What am I doing wrong? Is the file available as a download from Cisco?

We are running ver. 5.1

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

I think they stopped including it in 5.x.

The install\uninstall string changed and it didn't work the same way.

It is still possible to uninstall with a script though.

I believe the documentation is in error.

Tom

That's not good. we have 3200 PCs to remove CSA from... It's not going to be pretty.

I'm curious why you are removing it? Answer if you want to...

You can do it by running this:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{DE499746-67B9-11D4-97CE-0050DA10E5AE}\setup.exe /s --autolevel=4 --disable_net=0 --reboot=0

Make sure you configure CSA to allow it.

Tom

Thanks for the reply. We are still in the process of figuring out how to configure CSA to allow its removal on an orderly schedule. CSA is pretty protective of itself:)

We haven't had success with your solution yet.

As for the decision to remove CSA, it's a corporate decision to use Symantec Endpoint Protection 11. Cisco's decision to charge extra for DLP licensing affected this also.

CSA has caused too many headaches (WMI, Microsoft CRM etc...) that have to be remedied by disabling csauser.dll.

We may have similar issues with Symantec-who knows?

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply..

I forgot to include the quotes.

It should have read:

"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{DE499746-67B9-11D4-97CE-0050DA10E5AE}\setup.exe" /s --autolevel=4 --disable_net=0 --reboot=0

We ran it on a number of machines to uninstall CSA silently.

You may need to put all hosts in test mode to allow the script to run.

I was a bit surprised to see a separate license needed for DLP though they did something similar with profiler (AKA application behavior analysis).

Good luck!

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: