cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maintaining the Directory in Cisco CallManager Attendant console

Cynth.Fair
Level 1
Level 1

I have names in the directory of the cisco callmanager attendant console users that no longer work for the company. The numbers and names have been deleted from the call manager but not the directory used by the attendant console. How do I go about cleaning up the directory for the attendant console?

12 Replies 12

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The Attendant Console gets its user directory from the CallManager (User > Global Directory).

Even though the directory numbers have been deleted, have you removed the users associated with them (from the corporate directory). Or, look at the advanced tab on the settings in AC, you may have users in there?

Also, what version of CCM are you using?

Please rate useful posts...

CCM 4.1

I beleive it is possible to configure the Attendant Console to use a local copy of the directory. It has been a long time since I've used it, so I can't tell you how to check.

mattydf24
Level 1
Level 1

The AC can pull from a local directory. To check yours, when you launch the application, choose settings, advanced and see if there is anything under the "Path Name of Local Directory File:". If not, I believe the AC only pulls the directory listing once each time you log on. Log out and back into your AC client and see if the user you deleted no longer shows up.

p.s. You will have to make sure the user has been deleted from the CM User Global directory first.

Thanks

There is nothing under the path name of local directory file. Nothing is being pulled accross. The deleted users are still showing up even on a new install of the attendant console on a different computer. Also the new users are not showing either. New users have been added to the global directory and the deleted users were removed from the global directory. I tried logging off and back on the AC client but I have the same results.

That's strange! Can you try re-booting the TCD (Telephony Call Dispatcher) service in CallManager to see if this helps please?

Just go into CallManager Serviceability > Control Center > Stop/Start..

..probably best to do this before anyone gets into the office.

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the reboot, but the new users are not appearing and removed users are still showing. But if I look up a new user by phone extension and see the user's name.

I was snooping and came across the program DC directory administrator and this shows everyone I have ever added to call manager. Could this be causing the problem? Is there another way of removing a user from Call manager? I remove users by deleting them from user list found in the global directory.

Please can you check the following directory for me in CallManager and tell me what folders are present?:

Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant

You should have one called "userlists" which contains all the corporate directory entries.

Incidentally, I wouldn't play around with DC Directory LDAP entries just yet..

Please rate useful posts..

The files in the userlists folder are CorporateDirectory.txt and AutoGenerated.txt.

The dates on those files are:

CorporateDirectory 6/17/2008

AutoGenerated 10/1/2008

Hi,

Thanks for the doc..4* for the info.

This basically explains what I've checked already. Cynth, seeing as you've checked on the AC PC that there's no userlists file, and we now know you have 2 files present on the callmanager I would suggest the following to resolve your problem:

1) Delete both the AutoGenerated.txt and CorporateDirectory.txt from the CallManager Attendant Console directory (I've put the path in my previous post). You can copy them off this directory if you want a copy for keep safe.

2) Re-start the TCD service again.

3) Shut down the AC client and re-open it.

This should basically re-populate the directory on the CallManager (once you re-start the service). Then when you open up AC again it should copy across the up-to-date corporate directory list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: