Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 and 2008 AD/GC

rohanpatel
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a project and need answers to the following questions:

1. Will Cisco Unity 5.0 work with Microsoft 2008 DC/GC?

2. If the above is no, will Unity 5.0 work with a mixed mode AD infrastructure (2003 DC and 2008 DC/GC)?

3. If the existent 2008 AD has been schema extended, will Unity 5.0 work with an already schema extended 2008 AD?

Can someone help me with these and point me to the documentation supporting the above.

I appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rohan,

Unity 5.x is not supported with AD 2008. Support begins for AD 2008 with Unity 7.0(2) + the latest ES. Yes, you will need to extend the schema for 7.x when it's installed.

The following doc is not accurate as the disclaimer says it's subject to change but this is all that's really out there at this point:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/product_bulletin_c25-468500_ps6509_Products_Bulletin.html

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for quick response. Will Unity 5.0 work in Mixed environment.

One of the client has already extended schema for 2008 AD, will unity 5.0 work on that.

Please let me know.

Much appreciated.

-Rohan

There's no saying it will work, this has not been tested or verified. Right now, it's not a supported configuration, even in mixed-mode.

Brad

Rohan,

Just found out that support for AD 2008 is in development for back-port to Unity 5 within the month. It'll be contained in an ES.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: