cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guidelines on CER submission to Service Provider

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4

I configured and generated the ALI that I need to submit to the service provider. What I am looking for are what the steps I need to have this submitted, specifically, in the LA area. I mean, do I just call ATT or they have a special number to call for this purpose?

Also, in the ALI record, there are fields there that I am not sure how to get or where to get like Company ID, Customer code, etc. Do I get this from the service provider? Appreciate if someones can enlighten me on this. Thanks

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Before deploying Cisco ER throughout your enterprise, test the ALI submission process with your service provider, and with your service provider's help, test that the PSAP can successfully call back into your network using the ALI data. Each service provider and ALI database provider can have slightly different rules concerning ALI information. Cisco ER allows you to create ALI data according to the general NENA standards, but your service provider or database provider might have stricter rules.

Exporting ERL and ALI Information for Submission to Your Service Provider:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/1_1/english/administration/guide/e911conf.html#wp1021631

Planning for Cisco Emergency Responder:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/1_1_4/english/administration/guide/e911plan.html

Thanks but I know this. I am asking for specific like in LA, which number do I need to call so I can start testing the ALI and if everything works, send them. In the header and trailer record of the ALI, there are fields there like Customer/company ID, where do I get them?

You have to subscriber to the e911 service, then pay the extra fee for the SecureID Token and a monthly support fee. It's a joke, but its what ATT is doing now. They seem to no longer input the records for you. You or the customer have to manage the records. It's a dial up session to a telnet session in ATT's system.

Do you have more specific information about this. How do I subscribe to e911? What website or number do I have to go to? thanks

you need to call your provider, (att if that is the case) and add the e911 service to your account. Your ATT Rep will be able to walk you through this process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: