cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on VSS with 6509E-series

abeid
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me with QoS setup on the VSS with 6509E series switch and with IOS - 12.2(33)SXH3.

2 Replies 2

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

While configuring the QoS on VSS take note of below mentioned points

1.The no mls qos channel-consistency command is automatically applied when you configure the VSL. Do not remove this command.

2.The virtual switching system automatically configures VSL ports for trust CoS, using default CoS mappings (you cannot change the mappings on VSL ports).

3.The virtual switching system disables the QoS commands on VSL ports (and any non-VSL ports on the same ASIC). For example, you cannot use QoS queuing or map commands on VSL ports.

4.To ensure that all eight QoS receive queues are enabled for the 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports on the supervisor, enter the mls qos 10g-only global configuration command.

HTH..rate if helpful..

Hi Satish,

When i tried the 4th step it is making to disable other 3ports in the SUP720 and i cant even enable them, i need one of them as i am using it for BFD dual active detection.

As i never worked on QOS can you help me out in configuring QOS on 2960 and the VSS plz. Can you show me some links where i can read !

Thanks in advance.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card