cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern issue

singh-ashok
Level 1
Level 1

There is a requirement to translate a DID number in Russia to a CCM extension. I have configured the translation pattern in CCM. the site uses an MGCP gateway.

Issue - when I dial the DID #, I get the message "Invalid Number". Service provider claims that the # is active & they can see the route for these numbers to out office PBX ( CCM).

Is there anything I have missed here?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ashok,

Check the trace level for the CCM SDI traces to make sure they are set to 'Detailed' level while recreating the problem. Make sure the individual filter settings are checked, including 'PRI trace', 'MGCP trace' and 'All Gateway trace'. The posted output didn't show the digit analysis for the test calls, likely because of the trace level.

The isdn trace still showed the unallocated/unassigned number error, which points to the issue still being the CCM configuration. On the gateway, turn off all debugs using the 'undebug all' command, then turn on just the Q931 debugs.

Do you mind collecting both traces again?

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

Since you have the significant digits set to 4 then you only need to set the TP to 028X and the called party transform set to the 4 digit extension that you want.

That should fix your problem, if not, upload the trace and the debug as already asked by Michael.

//Jorge

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ashok,

A few things to check...

1. Verify whether or not the call is making it to the MGCP gateway via debugs on the gateway. If the port facing the PSTN is a PRI, 'debug isdn q931' is a good debug to run. For non-PRI circuits, 'debug vpm signal' and 'debug vtsp all' should yield useful information. Output of 'debug voip ccapi inout' may also be useful.

2. Make sure the MGCP gateway's CSS has access to the partition that the translation pattern is in.

3. Make sure the translation pattern's CSS has access to the partition that the extension is in.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. But what about the CSS of the translation pattern itself?

Regards,

Ashok.

Michael,

On more thing - I turned on ISDN debug on the router, called the # many times, but the only message I get on the router is "debug isdn q931 is ON". Also, how do I turn it off?

Hi singh-ashok!

After you do the "debug isdn q931", it's necessary activate the monitor do see the output of the debug command. To do that, write "terminal monitor".

To turn it off, just do, i.e., "no debug isdn q931".

thanks Fernando, I am not very experienced in debugs. That really helped.

Regards,

Ashok.

Hi Ashok,

The CSS of the translation pattern should have the partition of the destination phone. The gateway calls the translation pattern, and the translation pattern calls the phone. That's what I was conveying in points #2 and #3. Let me know if this is not clear.

If you are telneting to the router, be sure to enable 'terminal monitor' so that the output of the debug may be outputted.

To turn off the debug, use the 'no debug isdn q931' command.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

Thanks again. I checked all the relevant CSS & partitions of the Gateway ( PRI interface), Translation pattern, phones etc. Everything seems to be in order.

I ran the commands "debug isdn q931" & "term mon", then dialled 00074959330283 twice & have captured the debug.

Can you please help me out as to what it means?

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok.

RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8078

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

On the MGCP GW in the CCMAdmin webpage, how many significat digits do you have selected on the inbound calls section?

I recommend you to take another debug isdn q931 with matching CCM detailed trace (with the analysis complex enabled) seems to be that you are not routing the call correctly in CCM could be that the significant digits that you have do not match the Translation Pattern config or CSS/PT issue.

A trace will tell us the problem.

//Jorge

I second Jorge's observation. The incoming call has a calling party number of 9330283, but CallManager is not presently configured to handle calls to this number, so rejects the call and accompanies the disconnect with the 'Unallocated/unassigned number' message.

Does the translation pattern match the dialed number (9330283)?

Make sure it does, or if the translation pattern has fewer digits that the 7 received as the calling party number, as Jorge mentioned use the sig-digit setting on the gateway to ignore any extra digits.

You might want to reset the gateway and destination phone if you recently changed the CSS configuration.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

The translation pattern I have put is 00074959330283. ( translated to a 4-digit extension).

Even though you are dialing 00074959330283, the carrier is only delivering 9330283 to the gateway.

In the MGCP gateway in CallManager, if you have specified that the number of significant digits is 4, then CallManager will only make a routing decision based on the last four digits, hence 0283. For the call to be routed correctly to the translation pattern, try reconfiguring your translation pattern to just 0283.

Regards,

Michael.

The number of significant digits selected is 4. What I am trying is to translate a E.164 number to a 4-digit extension, I just checked another translation pattern of the same type, that went fine.

By CCM trace you mean CCM & SDL traces, correct?

Thanks a lot,

Ashok.

Just the CCM traces will do. The regular CCM traces are actually called SDI traces. Don't worry about the SDL traces for now.

Here's a sample of the CSS and partition configuration needed to achieve your goal:

Partition of translation pattern = Trans_PT

Partition of destination phone = Phone_PT

CSS of MGCP gateway = Gateway_CSS

CSS of translation pattern = TP_CSS

Gateway_CSS should have Trans_PT in it.

TP_CSS should have Phone_PT in it.

The translation pattern should be configured to take 0283 and translate it to xxxx (where xxxx is the extension of the destination phone.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

The calls dialled ( & configured as TP's) are 00074959330282 & 00074959330281 between 6:37pm CET to 6:40pm CET.

i have attached the ISDN debug & CCM trace.

I re-checked all relevant CSS & partitions, seems fine to me.

Thanks,

Ashok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: