Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 color scheme w new FW

dannymeyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

What do you think about the new color scheme with introduction of FW 8.4.1?

On the 7970, the appearance is very bleak and besides the little improvements reg. the windowing, I miss the old colors.

Is there a way to change them, anyway?

Regards

Danny

6 Replies 6

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we upgraded last weekend to the latest 8.4.1SR1 and since then have only got complaints from our users onsite.

We have around 3000x 7970's and I have even opened a seperate post. The new "white" is just to bright to be seen from certain angels and we just can't tell every user that they have to play with the screen angle etc to get it right.

Also the Headset ports behaves differently and the users complain about this too.

Regards

Steffen

Sfeffen.

What do you intend to do?

Are you going back to the old FW to avoid?

Would it make sense to contact product management reg. this? Maybe there is a reason, why they changed it?

Regards

Danny

adorsett
Level 1
Level 1

It's horrible! All of the colors seem washed out no matter what I set the angle and brightness values to. Luckily I only upgraded one test phone. I'm switching back to 8-3-4SR1.

Andrew

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco's answer so far is that it is only cosmetic but if enough engineers like us explain to them that it is unacceptable then thye may change it.

I am awaiting the 8.4.1ES9 at present as that is supposed to fix the DTMF issues we have.

Steffen

Steffen.

Good point. I will open a TAC, hopefully that helps to get them feedback heard. Have also raised that with Cisco internally, but twice is better.

Regards

Danny

8.4.1ES9 still has DTMF issues as we can "hear" a scraching noise.

Will supply Cisco with a recording of it but we may have to upgrade our IOS on the Gateways as it's never been updated and that could interfere.

Steffen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: