Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager, UT - End Host Discovery on Trunk

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Need some confirmation regarding the End Host Discovery on Trunk feature in User Tracking (Campus Manager, LMS 3.1).

In the help section, it notes that:

Campus Manager classifies trunk ports as follows:

Link ports - Trunk ports connected to Cisco devices (Switch or Router).

Non-link ports- Trunk ports connected to end hosts or IP phones.

Do Cisco wireless access points, assuming their uplink is trunk, fall under the "link port" classification as well?

Also, if I want to collect mac addresses from wireless access points, what are the minimum credentials that I need to have to do so?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A link port is simply a port which makes up one end of a link on the Campus Topology Map. This port can be in trunking or access mode. So, wireless AP ports that show up in the map, regardless of their trunking state, are link ports.

You need more than minimum credentials. You need some patches. I have two bugs opened which prevent wireless end hosts from being discovered unless you have WLSEs in your network (CSCsq56548 and CSCsq72800). The fix is planned for CM 5.1.1 due out this month.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A link port is simply a port which makes up one end of a link on the Campus Topology Map. This port can be in trunking or access mode. So, wireless AP ports that show up in the map, regardless of their trunking state, are link ports.

You need more than minimum credentials. You need some patches. I have two bugs opened which prevent wireless end hosts from being discovered unless you have WLSEs in your network (CSCsq56548 and CSCsq72800). The fix is planned for CM 5.1.1 due out this month.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the info!

Can user tracking acquire wireless hosts that are connecting to a LWAPP wireless deployment? Right now, user tracking in cm 5.1.3 does not report any wireless end hosts.

Please start a new thread for your question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: