Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4506 IOS upgrade

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I tried upgrading the IOS on a 4506 from cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-31.SGA.bin to c4gwy-a3bik9no3rsx3-mz.124-21.bin and received this message "%Warning: File not a valid executable for this system".

Does anyone know what's the latest IOS I can use? Hardware is cisco WS-C4506 (MPC8540). Cisco's software advisor seems to be down for maintenance since yesterday. Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here are the release notes for the latest IOS version on 4500 - 12.2(46)SG1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_17886.html

Jon

View solution in original post

I just look under the product page for the 4500 switches. Under "General Information" link are the release notes and these set of notes are the latest.

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here are the release notes for the latest IOS version on 4500 - 12.2(46)SG1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_17886.html

Jon

Jon...Thank you. Apart from the software advisor how are you able to determine the latest release for specific hardware?

I just look under the product page for the 4500 switches. Under "General Information" link are the release notes and these set of notes are the latest.

Jon

Great! Thank you very much.

I have Sup V-10GE for which the recommended upgrade is 12.2(31)SGA7. I'll try that one unless you suggest otherwise.

12.2(46)SG is recommended for Supervisor Engine 6-E.

Thanks again.

"I'll try that one unless you suggest otherwise."

If that is the recommended one that's the one to go with :)

Good luck.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card