cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blocking Caller ID

ariazkpk78
Level 1
Level 1

I am using cisco AS5300 as a voice gateway, which is connected to our SIP proxy server. when block the caller id on a sip phone on our netwrok and make off-net phone calls to PSTN it goes through E1 on As5300 and main number of E1 is presenting as CLID.

any idea ? why this is happening, why the caller id is not blocking.

Thanks in advance

Asim

Thanks in advance.

Asim Riaz

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check with your carrier. It's possible that the caller ID being presented by the AS5300 is being blocked, but the carrier is sending out your billing phone number.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

is there a way in as5300 to set the isdn privacy bit set when we see Anonymous in SIP messages?

Regards

Asim Riaz

I don't have experience with this configuration, but thought the following link might help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/sip/configuration/guide/sip_cg-isdn.html#wp1069651

Brandon

neharris
Level 1
Level 1

Most carriers allow us to get away with sending whatever we want for the calling party number. It's a great thing for those of us tweaking the rules to allow "tail end hop off" and send the CPN from a caller in another LATA/state/etc.... However the US law states that the carrier is supposed to only allow us to send numbers that are in the range of DIDs on the span and in the absence of a number being sent they insert the BTN. If you're placing calls out over an LD (Class 3) circuit than the calling party number sent could be a toll free or something you requested be sent (or the person taking the order forgot to ask you and maybe nothing is sent).

But for Local (Class 5) type circuits regardless of the type; CAS/PRI/E&M/POTS some carriers force the BTN. Others allow you to send any of the DID's you ordered with it, and many still allow you to send whatever you want regardless of whether it's even a correctly formatted number.

I have personally seen the variations and found that most legacy verizon LECs are tight and AT&T Local, MCI local (now verizon business local) are more flexible. regardless of the switch types; EWSD, AXE, 5ESS, DMS100, 250, 500 and so on.

Since you're taking about an E1 I'm not sure where you are but your carrier is inserting the number. talk to the SE on your account and request a change; explain that you want to make outbound calls but have the call backs be sent to a call center.

Good luck/

->N

I have solved my problem, I am able to hide caller-id on off-net calls now via PRI.

we were using Privacy Method Anonymous, for some reason it was not translating into Q931 properly so in our proxy configuration I changed the Privacy Method to Remote-Party-ID and in As5300(config)#sip-ua

config-sip-ua)#remote-party-id

its translating privacy into q931 messages properly and now I am able to block caller ID on off-net calls.

g

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: