Views
Helpful
Replies

Answer Timer problem with IPCCx ICD agents

ith.allerdale
Level 1
Level 1

I hope you can help.

BACKGROUND: CCM 4.1(3)sr2 with IPCC Express Enhanced 4.0(3)_Build080. 4 x CSQs with Skills based routing. Each Agent Directory Number configuration does not have a value set for No ANSWER RING DURATION

What are the symptoms of the problem? A call is offered to IPCCx ICD agent via a skilled based routed CSQ. Agent 1's phone (IP Communicator (2.1.3)) rings for approximately 4-6 seconds and then call bounces to the next skilled available agent and the call is handled. Agent1's Cisco Agent Desktop (6.1.2.5) goes into NOT READY with a reason of RING NO ANSWER. It appears that the CSQ is retrieving the contact before the Answer Call Timer has expired. This problem occurs every day on a multiple CSQ's and can happen to multiple ICD agents.

What should have happened? A call from any IPCCX CSQ offered to an available skilled ICD agent should ring on the extension for 12 seconds before bouncing to the next available agent.

Has the function worked before? Yes for approximately 2 years. These symptoms only began back end of July 08.

Have you made any recent changes to the system, such as installing additional hardware or applying software maintenance? No. The nearest configuration change was in May 08 when I added a "Set Priority" step to each CSQ so that calls from a particular CSQ would be offered to an available ICD agent that was multi-skilled.

What have I done so far? Increased Call Manager Cluster Wide parameter for Forward No answer to 15 seconds. Increased the Timeout parameter on the Select Resources step on each CSQ script to 12 seconds. This did not resolve the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly :-)

2 Replies 2

scoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you get an answer to this problem?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Sorry not to get back to you earlier.

I found that the problem still existed even after we upgraded to UCCx 5.02 which made me think the problem was related to the PC(s). After further inspection I found the problem only occurred within 3 - 4 min period as soon as the PC booted up from cold. It turned out to be an issue with the amount of RAM in the PC's and the amount of Virtual Memory the virus checker was taking on boot up. If the agent left their PC on over night (therefore not having to cold start) the problem never occurred. What exactly the cause was I do not know but we were able to resolve the issue by upgrading the RAM in the Cisco Agent Desktop PC's.

Kind regards,

Anthony.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: