cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Connector on Exchange 2003 Cluster?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quick question in regards to where to install a voice connector.

We currently have a Voice Connector installed on a standalone Exchange 2003 server (running Windows 2000 Server).

It is configured to connect to our Unity Bridge Server via VPIM.

We want to install the Voice Connector on our Exchange 2003 Cluster (two Exchange Servers, running Windows 2003 Server) if possible.

Any issues for me to this or not to do this? Or is it best to keep it on a standalone Exchange server?

I don't know since we are talking about two Exchange servers configured in a cluster and there may be additional licensing involved, etc.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears that setting up of Bridge on a cluster is not supported by Microsoft.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/bridge/31/networking/guide/31ex_5x/31cubnetex.html

Setting Up the Voice Connector for Bridge Networking

"Install the Voice Connector on any Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 server that is not part of an Exchange cluster (Microsoft does not support third-party connectors on an Exchange cluster server). Although the Voice Connector can be installed on the Cisco Unity server (when Exchange is also on the server), this is not recommended for performance reasons. "

please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears that setting up of Bridge on a cluster is not supported by Microsoft.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/bridge/31/networking/guide/31ex_5x/31cubnetex.html

Setting Up the Voice Connector for Bridge Networking

"Install the Voice Connector on any Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 server that is not part of an Exchange cluster (Microsoft does not support third-party connectors on an Exchange cluster server). Although the Voice Connector can be installed on the Cisco Unity server (when Exchange is also on the server), this is not recommended for performance reasons. "

please rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: