Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading LAP1131AG

Can a LAP1131AG be upgrade from Light Weight mode to Autonomous mode?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

jaichauh
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,

You need to downlaod an IOS autonomous image and then upgrade it by using the following steps:

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30, as AP gets an IP of 10.0.0.1 after reset by default.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1130-k9w7-tar.124-3g.JA1.tar for an 1130 series access point) in the TFTP server folder (Root folder) and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1130-k9w7-tar.default.

Step 5 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 6 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 7 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 8 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 9 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 10 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

HTH

-Jai

JC

Hi Jai,

Thanks for your assistance. I downloaded the following image (c1130-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar). I cannot find anywhere listing for autonomous mode ios. What I see is a link for autonomous to light weight software link only. That is not the correct one right?

Thanks,

Tou

Hi Tou,

I was refeering to an IOS image for autonomous access point.

You should look under IOS software. However, c1130-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar is a valid autonomous image.

Please try this.

HTH

-Jai

JC

Steps to download IOS image for 1130:

Wireless > Cisco Aironet 1130 AG Access Point > IOS Software > 12.4.10b-JA3

Under Autonomous to LWAP is c1130-rcvk9w8-tar.124-10b.JA3 (this is not right autonomous image.)

Make sure you have k9w7 not rcvk9w8

-Jai

JC
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: