cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Client for BlackBerry

terryabbott
Level 5
Level 5

I have a BlackBerry on our wireless LAN. Is there a SIP phone client for it that I can use with our CUCM 5.1.3? I want to avoid adding other hardware or software to our cluster.

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Third-party phones have specific local features that are independent of the call control signaling protocol, such as features access buttons (fixed or variable). Basic SIP RFC support allows for certain desktop features to be the same as Cisco Unified IP Phones and also allows for interoperability of certain features. However, these third-party SIP phones do not provide the full feature functionality of Cisco Unified IP Phones.

Cisco is working with key third-party vendors who are part of the Cisco Technology Development Partner Program and who are developing solutions that leverage the new Unified CM and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (Unified CME) SIP capabilities. Vendors include IPCelerate (unified client for education space), RIM (Blackberry 7270 wireless LAN handsets) and IP blue (Softphone). Cisco has also worked with third-party vendor Grandstream to test their Grandstream GXP 2000 to ensure interoperability.