cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Unity to another Server

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I am moving Unity(4.2(1)to a different server in a different county. The current unity server that is in the northAmerica.domain.com is moving to a server that is going to be in the europe.domain.com, All exchange servers have been moved to europe.domain.com. All Users that on are the Unity server are still in the NorthAmerica domain. However the question I have: can I do a Dirt Restore to the new server while the old Unity server is still on line? I have installed the new server and everything seems to be working fine I can import users from the northAmerican Domain. I just want to know if I can restore the current users to the new server before I switch the integration to the current Call Manager phone system.

Thanks

Ken

1 Reply 1

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ken,

You may want to have a look at the

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/DiRT/index.html

You should be able to perform your install if you have moved your users to the new domain. If you have not already moved them, Unity will create them if you gave Unity the permission while running the Permissions Wizard. Dirt will put the users in the container you specified during the install of Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: