Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 stack question...

If i remove a master switch in a stack, will the stack still work?

I just need to get this particular switch configs to upload to tftp without transferring the entire stack config over... how do i do that?

DUstin

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Dustin,

I don't recommend to try what you suggest.

I would do the following:

use sh switch to locate the master in the stack to know its slot number

upload the whole config in a text file

with an editor remove the config of ports with slot different then the master's one

renumber to 1 the master slot number, if different, on the remaining interfaces

and you should have what you want without causing any change to the stack.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hey there!

So basically I just want to replace the 3750 to a 3750G, the switch is in that stack. If i do what you say, i shouldnt have no problem? The switch i am upgrading is the master, but its the only FastEthernet, So thats why i wanted to upgrade to a GIG switch.

I just get kinda nervous about this whole thing.

Hello Dustin,

depending on the IOS release there is a feauture called

Switch Provisioning for Stackwise technology

Allows switches in a 3750 stack to be pre-configured, prior to adding physically.

this should be the way to add the new switch to the stack.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1177470

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

how do i get just that particular config from the one stack without getting all the others, so i can load onto the GIG switch. All the configurations will be the exact same, even though console, when i do a "show run", it shows the entire stack. I just need the configs from that particular stack so i can load onto a TFTP and load onto the new one...

any suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card