cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh

yussetamayo
Level 1
Level 1

i want to deploy a wireless mesh with 1510 series ap, i want to give wireless inside houses, how good would be the signal in the houses?? if is bad, can i join a 1300 or 1200 series ap to the mesh in 5ghz and provide access to client in 2.4ghz???? is it will work??

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. This will work if you use the enterprise MESH solution but you will be responsible for a license fee. In 5.2 version of code you will be able to run both indoor and outdoor APs on the same controller.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

If your network contains both 1520 mesh access points and Cisco non-mesh access points (such as 1240 series access points), you need to manage your 1520 mesh access points with one controller and your non-mesh access points with a second controller. If you have 1505 or 1510 mesh access points or both, you should connect them to the same controller as the 1520 mesh access points.

ok, but can i communicate on 5ghz, for example, a 1240 with a 1510 mesh access point to provide wireless signal inside a house on 2.4ghz???

Yes. This will work if you use the enterprise MESH solution but you will be responsible for a license fee. In 5.2 version of code you will be able to run both indoor and outdoor APs on the same controller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: