cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones "High Traffic"

llozanos81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, does anybody knows something about this message appearing in the IP Phones "High Traffic Try Again Later", i was doing a little research and i only found this in a Call Manager 3.3 or 4.1 design, im using CUCM 6.1 latest version.

Regards

8 Replies 8

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It's more than likely these people are getting this message due to bandwidth (CAC) settings configured in CallManager.

In CCMAdmin, go to System > Service Parameters > "choose your server" > then choose Cisco CallManager (active).

Scroll down to Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) and check the "out of bandwidth text".

Depending on your preference you could increase the CAC bandwidth via the location configuration (System > Location).

Hope this helps. If this isn't it, let us know and I'll have another think.

Please rate useful posts..

Thank you for your reply, unfortunatley this issue is not related to bandwidth, all this calls are to PSTN, the call manager and Gateway are in the same LAN, besides that the Messages of out ouf bandwidth is "Not Enough Bandwidth" and not "High Traffic Try Again Later"

Regards

Sorry, I assumed you were making calls over the WAN and someone had changed the message.

As per the documentation you have already found on this problem for 3.x and 4.x, have you checked the code yellow configuration in the CallManagers enterprise parameters (Cisco CallManager (Active) service) to make sure it is set to the default?

I can't find any bugs related to the version you are using. Has this only just started happening? Also, what signalling/call control protocol are you using (SIP, MGCP)?

Please rate useful posts..

We are using SCCP for the phones, this start happening after the upgrade from 4.1(3)sr7 to 6.1(2), i was monitoring the Performance Counters of CallRejectedDueThrottling in each 3 servers and didnt find anything.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

This apply to any CUCM version when we have a

Call Throttling situation

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc0c5f2/11#selected_message

Check this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsclthrt.html

The most common situation ia call loop,normally when we have PBXs attached and a route pattern is pointing to cucm and also from cucm to pbx...this normally requires more analisys

HTH

verify that there isn't a route loop somewhere. Check the Real-Time moniotr application logs.

Using Performance Log, i didnt see any Code Yellow Alert, and any CallRejectedDueThrottling

What kind of message i'll see in application log if there is a route loop?

Regards

Within RTMT open up the specified server and add the performance log for

Call Manager System Performance\ThrottlingSampleActivity

&

Call Manager System Performance\

QueueSignalsPresent 3-Low.

If you start seeing Queue signals you are going to be getting close to a Code Yellow.

Other things to look at are physical machine performance.

Disk I/O. Make sure all logs and traces are going to the log partition (F:) and not going to the root OS drive.

Check Server Physical Memory as well.

Any and All of these can and will lead to the High Traffic error.

Call Routing loops are a big problem with the Throttleing levels.

*Just spent a week doing this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: