Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft OCS QOS Policies

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Folks,

I am working with a customer who is actively deploying a MS OCS solution using voice and video. From conversations with MS and others, it seems like MS uses SIP over TLS for signaling and then RTP for video and voice. They differentiate from Voice and Video codecs using different payload types.

Does anyone out there have any experience with matching on rtp payload type for this type of deployment. We would like to have the voice and video classfied in different class-maps so we can apply different levels of service to them.

Thanks

Mike

5 Replies 5

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Design and configuration guidance for Cisco advanced network services, including Cisco network-based server load balancing and firewall deployed with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise Edition in a data center, the Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) and Firewall Services Module (FWSM)are provided in the "Cisco Application Networking for Microsoft Office Communications Server Deployment Guide" present in the url given below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Verticals/ansmsocs.html

Thanks. I will check this out.

Mike

Thanks for the input but that didn't have the QOS stuff i was looking for. I will keep looking.

Right now it looks like RTP payload matching is the way to go. MS provided me the payloads to match for the various codecs so that should well for our situation. Thanks for feedback.

Hi,

Are you able to forward me the microsoft payloads ?

Secondly, are you narrowing down the udp ports required e.g.

Communicator side requires: 1024-65535

Server Edge: 49152-65535

Apreciate any documentation you have this regards.

Cheers

RTA Narrow Band: RTP Payload Type 115

RTA Wide Band: RTP Payload Type 114

SIREN: RTP Payload Type 111

RTV: RTP Payload Type 121

We are in the process of narrowing down the port ranges. We had issues with matching on RTP payload. Specifically, we were unable to match the RTCP packets which were crucial to video surivability under load. MS says this was by design and recommended setting ports static on the endpoints via GP and then using ACLs to match based on those ports. We are in the process of that right now.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: