cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft OCS and CAC

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

I recently learned OCS does not have a CAC function within their suite. Is it possible to use the Cisco IOS features (CUBE or SBC functions) to provide some sort of SIP CAC for OCS MOC clients in remote locations. I worried without CAC that oversubscription would occur. I know cisco has in the past had some awesome features that support a wide range of deployments. Is some sort of IOS SIP proxy possible for controlling SIP CAC using OCS and Cisco IOS?

Any thoughts if this is or will ever be possible?

1 Reply 1

tore.wennberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

a CUBE can perform CAC for sip calls, but only for calls going through OCS mediation server.

if your MOC users are located anywhere in the network, the internal call legs and also cal legs from MOC to mediation server will be without CAC.

The bandwith a MOC-MOC call may also wary from abount a5 to 90 kbps, så it would be difficoult to set up cac to a spesified bandwith og QoS priority class.

Maybe you should try to put the MOC/OCS call legs in a different QoS class than the the call legs outside Mediation server. in this case you can use CAC on the non OCS call legs and let the MS QoE mecanism handle the MOC/OCS par of the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: