Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to receive voice calls

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing a problem of not reciving incoming voice calls on 3845 router which is configured as H.323 gateway in CCM vers 6.x.

We are using cisco 3845 router with VIC2-4FXO card. I am able to make outgoing calls from the same PSTN line but when i am trying to make incoming call, it keeps on ringing. In my router , when I run command show voice call status, output is blank.

When the same line is taken out from FXO port of router & terminated on analog phone, i am able to receive calls on same number.

Can somebody help me on same?

regds,

aman

6 Replies 6

basyadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aman

Pls attach the Router config and mention the port number which has PSTN line connected to it.

Regards

- Basant

Hi Basant,

Pls. find the atatched config. Line is connected on port 0/0/0.

regds,

aman

OK, first of all, is it actually pulse-dial and not DTMF? I don't know where you are, but pulse dialing is less common than a horse and buggy.

Second, why are you translating the called number, then sending it to a PLAR number? I don't beleive the translation will occur on the PLAR number, so you are just translating a field that is ignored.

Third, I'm wondering why you are using PLAR-OPX. That will cause the incoming call to ring until the connection is established to 7998. What is 7998? Call you call that number internally? It looks like it supposed to be expanded to 31167998 and send to the CCM. It would probably be better to specify all 8 digits in the PLAR command.

Hi Chris

Thanks for jumping into this before I could and helping Aman out.

Aman- Suggestions provided by Chris are absolutely correct.

Try adding the complete number to "31167998" to the "connection plar" and it should help.

Let us if you face any issues.

Regards

- Basant

Hi ,

I will do the changes as suggested( adding the complete number in connectipn plar) & get back to you.

I have assigned 31167998 to an IP phone so that whenever any anybody calls up from outside to number that is assigned under station id number , call lands to 31167998.Secondly,I am able to call internally 7998 from any ip phone.

Also, we have used pulse since in some cases we were able to dial only when dial type was changed to pulsemay be line was not supporting tone . Only change we observed was it took time to dial the number.

regds,

aman

also do a debug voice ccapi inout and attach. at least you can see whats going on when the call comes in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: