Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow configuration

trinawong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When enable netflow on the router, need to put destination netflow collection ip address and port, could I put a network portion with subnet instead of specific ip address? Like:

ip flow-export destination 192.168.10.0 9991

instead of:

ip flow-export destination 192.168.10.10 9991

thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Trina,

until some recent releases on some platform netflow export could be configured for a single host.

Some new releases have introduced the support of two hosts.

So I think the answer is that you need to specify the host ip address.

However, it could be interesting to think about using a directed broadcast destination address for example

but I don't think it is supported it would be a way to export to multiple hosts in the same subnet.

This could be possible because flow export are UDP unidirectional flows from router to collector device

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Trina,

until some recent releases on some platform netflow export could be configured for a single host.

Some new releases have introduced the support of two hosts.

So I think the answer is that you need to specify the host ip address.

However, it could be interesting to think about using a directed broadcast destination address for example

but I don't think it is supported it would be a way to export to multiple hosts in the same subnet.

This could be possible because flow export are UDP unidirectional flows from router to collector device

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card