Views
Helpful
Replies

load devices from seed file

jackson.ku
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a MARS version 6.0. I tried to load devices from seed file. It was ok first time. Due to device property mismatch, I deleted those devices then load from new seed file again. But it never successed even I reboot MARS. Ftp server had not listen any connection from MARS and I executed netstat at MARS, no connection establish with ftp server. I make sure the ftp server information I provided is correct, and I can telnet ftp server port 21 from MARS. Can you please help me to solve this problem?

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Once you generate the seed file, you must import that seed file under the host that represents the management console in the MARS web interface to load the sensor module information from the CSV or seed file.

FTP passive discovery of settings by providing MARS access to a file copy of the configuration running on the router. FTP does not support mitigation, DTM, or discovery of dynamic settings, such as NAT and ARP tables. In addition, if you select the FTP access type for device types, such as Cisco ASA and FWSM, you can only discover settings for the admin context. This access method is the least preferred and most limited access method. To enable configuration discovery using FTP access, you must place a copy the deviceís configuration file on an FTP server to which the MARS Appliance has access.