Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on SRST deployment

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Can you have a SRST deployment along the lines of the following:

Central site A with a link to Site B which in turn is linked to Site C and Site D- Site B is acting as a Hub for Siet C& D with each site B,C&D having a SRST router another option we have is that Site C&D are viewed as extended LAN`s from Site B so from CCM only site B is SRST

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep - both will work..suggest that you would have 2 new device pools one with and one without SRST so you dont max out the srst capacity on the router at site B...hope that helps..

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

MarkAJones
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure I completely understand the question - but from the view that you have given you can use either option - bearing in mind that you are limited on the number of devices that your routers will support in srst mode. If you have a router at each site best to use srst at each location. And create seperate device pools for each non-srst and srst. Thanks

Mark

Thanks for your reply, I`ve attached a drawing explaining more. The smaller sites C&D may or may not have SRST - business reasons but I just need to make sure that either way -all sites having SRST or just Site B with Site C&D being LAN extension - IPT will work. As Site C&D do not have direct IP connection as such to the central Cluster. I`m aware that any CAC may be issues as I need to take into account the combined traffic when sizng the link from Site B to Site A

thanks

Yep - both will work..suggest that you would have 2 new device pools one with and one without SRST so you dont max out the srst capacity on the router at site B...hope that helps..