Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on SRST deployment

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Can you have a SRST deployment along the lines of the following:

Central site A with a link to Site B which in turn is linked to Site C and Site D- Site B is acting as a Hub for Siet C& D with each site B,C&D having a SRST router another option we have is that Site C&D are viewed as extended LAN`s from Site B so from CCM only site B is SRST

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep - both will work..suggest that you would have 2 new device pools one with and one without SRST so you dont max out the srst capacity on the router at site B...hope that helps..

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

MarkAJones
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure I completely understand the question - but from the view that you have given you can use either option - bearing in mind that you are limited on the number of devices that your routers will support in srst mode. If you have a router at each site best to use srst at each location. And create seperate device pools for each non-srst and srst. Thanks

Mark

Thanks for your reply, I`ve attached a drawing explaining more. The smaller sites C&D may or may not have SRST - business reasons but I just need to make sure that either way -all sites having SRST or just Site B with Site C&D being LAN extension - IPT will work. As Site C&D do not have direct IP connection as such to the central Cluster. I`m aware that any CAC may be issues as I need to take into account the combined traffic when sizng the link from Site B to Site A

thanks

Yep - both will work..suggest that you would have 2 new device pools one with and one without SRST so you dont max out the srst capacity on the router at site B...hope that helps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: