CCIE Voice Lab - Version 5 or 6

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2008

I know this question has been asked previously. But as we are now a good 18+ months down the line with the Linux version od CUCM, Does any one know when the CCIE lab is going to change to CUCM version5 or 6, Unity 5 IPCC 4.5 or 5 etc etc etc

many thanks

Phil

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Thu, 10/02/2008 - 04:42

Hi Phil,

Here is an answer to this question from Ben Ng @ Cisco from a great CCIE-V Ask the Expert event;

Hi Ben,

First off, many thanks for your participation here :) A question that keeps popping up is;

"When will the CCIE - Voice exam topics switch from CCM 4.x based to CUCM 6.x based?"

Any definitive answer here (or even a "best guess?")

Thanks so much!

Rob

"Hi Rob,

Thank you for the welcome and popping the most popular question these days.

Unfortunately I don't have an definitive answer for you at this time - we are still working through the process of deciding on the next round of equipment list and version upgrades

Our announcement will come out at least 6 months before the actual event, and for those who are planning their study efforts, I don't think the upgrade will take place in calender year 2008.

Stay toned.

-ben"

From this great "Ask the Expert" event;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Career%20Certifications&topic=Certifications&topicID=.ee702b1&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc0c05a

Hope this helps!

Rob

phibarry Thu, 10/02/2008 - 05:02

Thats good enough for now, I'll aim and study for v4 but will keep my eye out for any change.

much appreciated

Phil

rob.huffman Thu, 10/02/2008 - 05:36

Hi Phil,

You are most welcome my friend! The nice thing about your studies is that much of the knowledge gained via the 4.x train will be transferable to 6.x.

If I were a betting man, I would guess that the CCIE-V change will be announced in the 1st quarter of 2009 :)

Best of luck in your journey!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion