Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatically apply LWAPP template to new WAP based on IP address

BRYN JONES
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Is it possible to get a WiSM to automatically apply an LWAPP template based on the acecss point IP address?

We are growing our network and will soon have 8 WiSM blades and I would love to be able to plug an access point into a socket, get it to pick up an IP from a specific subnet and then automatically recieve the template defining its primary and secondary controllers etc.

Is this possible, I have looked but can't seem to find how to do it? Can anyone help me?

regards

Bryn

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not possible... What can make is simple is to have WCS. This way you cna create a template with primary and secondary for your diffrent ap clusters and push that out. Works well if you ask me, especially when you have a bunch of wlc's and ap's you have to manage.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Is there a way to run a report or verify which AP's are currently running which template? It seems to be a one way push that you can't verify. Also it would be nice if there were better ways to classify AP's into groups

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card