DSL Configuration

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2008

Hello I have a problem my director order a DSL line for our warehouse location I have a 2821 router that i have a IPsec tunnel to another facility over a regular internet connection using a wan WIC card. The connection to the DSL modem is through my extra ethernet port. Is there anyway I can configure a tunnel through the DSL connection?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
damrut5763 Mon, 10/06/2008 - 04:24

I am trying to configure a IPsec tunnel through a DSL connection. hey have given me a static IP address with no subnet mask. They advise to configure PPoe on my interface or router very confused. Need help!!!

OK - configuring a IPSEC tunnel from the DSL router to another locaction, does not differ much from what you have now. You have a static IP, did they give you a default gateway? some times the give out /30's - or in this case it could even by a single IP with /32 mask - this causes no issues.

Is your router WAN DSL interface already configured?

damrut5763 Mon, 10/06/2008 - 04:42

They gave me a static single IP address with a 32bit mask I can't put that on the router interface do I statically put this on the DSL wan interface?

damrut5763 Mon, 10/06/2008 - 04:54

I am trying to configure an IPsec tunnel beween two routers one using a DSL connection never use PPPoe or PPPoA so do I still need to use either one of those protocols?

Actions

This Discussion