cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSL Configuration

damrut5763
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have a problem my director order a DSL line for our warehouse location I have a 2821 router that i have a IPsec tunnel to another facility over a regular internet connection using a wan WIC card. The connection to the DSL modem is through my extra ethernet port. Is there anyway I can configure a tunnel through the DSL connection?

7 Replies 7

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Damon,

What exactly are you trying to do? What is the DSL line for?

I am trying to configure a IPsec tunnel through a DSL connection. hey have given me a static IP address with no subnet mask. They advise to configure PPoe on my interface or router very confused. Need help!!!

OK - configuring a IPSEC tunnel from the DSL router to another locaction, does not differ much from what you have now. You have a static IP, did they give you a default gateway? some times the give out /30's - or in this case it could even by a single IP with /32 mask - this causes no issues.

Is your router WAN DSL interface already configured?

They gave me a static single IP address with a 32bit mask I can't put that on the router interface do I statically put this on the DSL wan interface?

Sorry - why can't you put the IP address on the router interface?

You need to decide if you are going to use PPPoA or PPPoE? What does the provider supply/recommend?

What authentication method does your DSL provider supply/recommend? PAP or CHAP?

I am trying to configure an IPsec tunnel beween two routers one using a DSL connection never use PPPoe or PPPoA so do I still need to use either one of those protocols?

I would hope you need to use one or the other, as these methods understand the DSL signalling. if you try and connect into the DSL line using Ethernet or Framerelay it will not work will it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: