cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS DID Card Config

josephdontz
Level 4
Level 4

If someone could confim that my configuration it would be much appriciated. We are cancelling our PRI at a location because it is no longer needed, and moving to a 4 line Analog DID trunk group with incoming abilities only. The significant digits coming from the carrier should be 4, and we are going to add a 7 to each of the numbers in order to sent the call to the employee's extension.

trunk group AnalogDID

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^\(....\)/ /7\1/

voice translation-profile InboundDID

translate called 3

voice-port 2/0/0

trunk-group AnalogDID

signal did wink-start

!

voice-port 2/0/1

trunk-group AnalogDID

signal did wink-start

!

voice-port 2/0/2

trunk-group AnalogDID

signal did wink-start

!

voice-port 2/0/3

trunk-group AnalogDID

signal did wink-start

dial-peer voice 150 pots

trunkgroup analogdid

description inbound Calling

translation-profile incoming InboundDID

preference 1

service default

incoming called-number 989757

direct-inward-dial

Will this work when I try to impement it? I am working with a 2821 and a VIC-4FXS/DID.

2 Replies 2

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get inbound analog DID working? I have a similar scenario and am having issues.

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't put 'direct-inward-dial' on dial-peer 150. Because these are analogue ports this is not needed.

DID trunks are polarity sensitive as well (they rely on battery reversal to indicate wink, answer and disconnect), so you need to connect tip-tip/ring-ring correctly as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: