Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Translation Rules

nowcommsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a small issue with a translation-rule which is (as far as I can see) a bit odd.

I'm running a 3845 router with SP Services 12.4(15T7) and trying to create a translation rule such as the following:

rule 1 /^9011/ /9011/ plan ISDN type International

I need this because for some reason the Telco won't accept calls for international numbers unless if the plan and type are correct.

I'm following this guide on the command lookup tool, but for some reason I can't get the syntax right! The rule command refuses to accept the "plan" keyword, and therefore I can only set the type (which therefore doesn't work!)

Anyone care to give it a go on their router?

Thanks!

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Mike,

This example changes the number type and plan.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9011/ /9011/ type unknown national plan unknown isdn

From type unknown to national

and from plan unknown to isdn

Just find out which u r using and change it accordingly

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Mike,

This example changes the number type and plan.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9011/ /9011/ type unknown national plan unknown isdn

From type unknown to national

and from plan unknown to isdn

Just find out which u r using and change it accordingly

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

HTH

I would suggest using the 'isdn map' command in interface configuration mode instead of a translation pattern. In this case it would look like:

isdn map address 9011* plan ISDN type international

Hi guys,

Thanks for both of your efforts, i'll see if I can give them both a go.

Mike.

No good i'm afraid!

I'll figure out how I want to do the ISDN map command because while i'm certain that would work, i'd like to keep the configuration to a dialpeer so that I don't affect other 9.011 calls going out of that interface.

For the rule command, I get the following:

L066-3845-VGW01(config-translate)#rule 1 /^9011/ /9011/ type unknown international plan unknown isdn

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

L066-3845-VGW01(config-translate)#

L066-3845-VGW01#

Again you can see that the "type" command is not acceptable here. The CLI will only accept National, International, Unknown etc.

Sorry it didnt paste very well. The ^ symbol points to the "type" keyword.

I realised that your answer actually had the correct syntax in it!

I was going wrong by using a translation rule, rather than a voice translation rule!

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: